Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Gifts You Do Not Expect !


I just received and unexpected happy gift. What an amazing thing the telephone is and the sound of a voice you have not heard for ages and never expected to again until you are face to face, one day, may be.

In 1989 we moved to the North. We moved so far north that we knew there were people that we would not see again. But for any of you, who are young parents despairing, yes despairing of ever having a life again...........babies grow up. I have found that my friends babies grew too and so tonight, three friends called. One (J) ,I met 41 years ago. We went through all the stages together..........fell away during marriage, adjustments, and raising children.....and tonight we had to remind ourselves to even ask about all those people and things that took all those years.

(J) and I schooled together, shared an apartment, and I was her maid of honour. (M) took her place as roommates and stayed very good friend. And ( E) became the glue from school on that has held us all together. Yes we have had some friends die, and some leave and not look back, ever and Lord knows whatever brought us together this tightly...... but my heart leap to hear their voices, the voices of my youth and the time and laughter and whisperings flood back.

I thank them for including me in their evening. What a wonderful Christmas gift!

Janet

No comments: