Friday, August 27, 2010

Almost done!!!

It is amazing, that feeeling of knowing that you are so very close to finishing something. The Ontario Northern Arts Council Grant fiures are down to the last one to be done. It is amazing that all comes so quickly but sometimes I have discovered that my mulling, percolating, collecting and sketching ....when it comes to the actual work it is very automatic. You/I have worked it all out and there after a few hours the subject is done.
It is a very different way than I used to work. I would slash away at fabrics and waste materials an time and usinally not complete things. This Grant and having the studio has made memuch more aware of time and using it well.
I am so very happy...no very proud of the collection. It is my very best work to date and not shortcuts have been made. Next Thunrsday thay will be off to my daughter's studio Cinemotion Creative to be photographed so that I can start them on their travels.
I have 5 things to finish for customers and the front og of the Studio to paint but tomorrow is the day that we ready ourselves for the appraiser for our home and CELEBRATE Andrew and Jodie's ( my son and his wife ) first anniversary.
I must as wellthen take time to work on the stories behind each art piece. That... I can do while I am visiting mom andso I need to book a flight for Toby and me.
went and had my hair done today. Everything is blended softly but the natural silver and white sparkle through. I have earned it and it is time.
This net book that I am working from now in gret but does not have any photos for me to share. I have a stick and an external harddrive so I should be able to fix that soon.
So here I stand. One figure to complete......The spirit of the forest.......Some machine work, glue, necklaces and I need to create birds flying from his hands for the middle 2 of the six.
Last not to have here was the shaving of poor Tom Cat. A push faced persian. He has only his face and bib, boots and tail. But the reast is naked. He needs to be brushed everyday. $60 to shave a cat.
I am out here as I have much to do. I owe this blog day some photos.
Janet

No comments: