Sunday, September 23, 2007

Too Soon !


My mother had a very specific script for all of us. We were all to get post secondary education, learn to play a musical instrument , attend church and never sit with our hands empty. And although all of these have served me well, I did not parent on my own and I have not been the same kind of parent that she was and still is. She had me in tears again today because of my weight. I love here very much but she is a very critical parent and that has put distance in her relationships with her adult children because we have all chosen to include our spouses and our children and there have been no thou shalt not.

But this evening my beautiful ownly daughter came home with a ring on her finger. She has our blessing and he is a lovely young man.... but she is 18 and he is 32. Even as I type this I squirm a bit. It is just that they are so in love and so very well suited and she is older for her age and he is younger.

I want to write it down my sacred vow that I will assist her in creating the day that she wants. I had my day and I am hoping that she will look back on hers and know that it was Jays and her special day. I love them both and frankly they have been underfoot.....it is hard to work around love birds. We are gaining a family member and another future to be part of .....So here is to next summer! May the time drag its heels.

No comments: