Monday, October 1, 2007

OK UNCLE!!!!!!

Well we have done it. We have finally reached the overwhelming saturation poin about THE wedding and the engagement has only been a week. To some people's disbelief we have... Booked the church, hall, photographer,and caterer,....arranged the music, registered for 60 gifts, started the budget book, chosen and put 50% down on the dress and snapped up all the fall decoration stuff for the venue we will need from Micheals at 50% off and the wedding is not until nest September. We have constucted hasty thankyou notes and set up a florist table in the spare room and have cellophane to wrap and store the centerpieces in, fleshed out the guest list, started a song list for the DJ and.....the event is not until.... NEXT September.
Anyone that reads this is going to think that I am mad. They would mistake madness for being thrifty both money and time wise. Anything I have named would cost twice as much next year and since my daughter is a photographer she will be busy shooting other's weddings as well as all her premarriage stuff happening next summer. My fibro will not take the stress and so I hope that this will be the saneest thing that we ever plan.
I was also very smart in that my daughter wanted a trumpet style dress that I knew would be too high fashion for the venue and her age and her soon to be crunchy granola lifestyle. Dress number 1 stuck out. I secretly cheered inside as the very knowedgable staff slipped her into the perfect dress. We all just KNEW IT
.
We came home a put everything away and I pulled out my knitting. We are finshed and can tidy the house and look forward to Thanksgiving (Canadian) this weekend.
We have so many things to be thankful for. We are very blessed.
Janet

No comments: