Thursday, October 18, 2007

The switch begins


for better or worse the switch from gabapentin to lirica has begun. I am anxious but I decided that I would wait until John got home, and he did so...now I can. I have cut one of the night dose out and in 3 days I will cut another out. I have to cut it to half before I start the new med.
I also had to deal with my mother very firmly. She told me during her weekly call that she would not be getting excited, or be showing any enthusasim for my daughter's wedding planned for next year. Her reasoning was that she does not approve. I told her that this wedding was not about her and that I was sorry that I would not be speaking of it again to her. It is not up for discussion. I also told her that should she not wish to come that we would respect that so that she might let us know if we would be wasting a stamp.
Tomorrow I have to meet with my youngests teachers, the are all wondering why he doesn't get some of the social niceties ( even though he is an A student ). It is because dear ladies ( who call meetings to show that they are right ) HE HAS AUTISM !!!! Diagnosed and given individual education plan, promised classroom help that he is uet to receive.....he has Asperger's. We have know this for 10 years!!!
It has been raining cats and dogs. I love it because the world interups my studio work less. Spent the day on sculpture. It was a good day.
J

No comments: